218 total views, 1 views today
Drinking alcoholis fun, especially with family and friends. And we really can’t avoid it when there are special occasions and celebration. And, it has always been a part of our daily lives. But just like anything, having too much of it is bad. With that being said, wanting to go on a Booze Up, you should know your limitations.
Different Kinds of Alcoholic Beverages
Different people have different taste. That is the main reason why there are different kinds of alcoholic beverages. We keep on innovating new ones that would perfectly suit our taste. And having knowledge about the different kinds of alcohol, may help you when you are planning on having a Booze Up.
Below is a list of the different kinds of alcoholic drinks that are available in the market.
- Beer – Beer is made from malt, water, hops, and yeast.
- Vodka – The main ingredient in making a vodka is typically potatoes and fermented cereal grains. But other brands use other ingredients such as fruit and sugar.
- Whiskey – This alcohol is made from fermented grain mash, that includes: barley, corn, rye, and wheat.
- Brandy – Traditionally, brandy is made from early grapes in order for it to achieve higher acidity.
- Cognac – Cognac is made from special Ugni Blanc Grapes. This alcohol belongs to the family of brandy
- Rum – Rum is indeed made from the production of sugarcane or sugarcane juice. And aged in barrels.
- Port Wine – This alcohol is fortified wine and is sweet. That’s why it is known to be a desert wine.
- Gin – This is made using juniper, coriander, citrus peel, cinnamon, almond, and neutral grain alcohol.
Benefits and Risks of Alcohol
Every time we heard the word alcohol, we think first of parties and celebrations. Alcohols effect really depends on its dose and the drinker itself. We always associate drinking alcohol to many of the illnesses people might get; when the truth is, drinking alcohol moderately can give as a numerous health benefit.
But when we hear of a Booze Up, we really can’t help ourselves. We always come digging in and drinking as if it was our last, without even paying attention to the risks we are putting on our lives because of drinking too much.
If you are a heavy drinking machine, here are the things you should watch out for:
- Inflammation of the liver (also known as alcohol hepatitis)
- Scarring of the liver
- Liver cirrhosis
- Increases blood pressure
You are lucky if you are a moderate drinker, because you can benefit from it. Some of them are
- Lessen the risk of death from heart attack and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Reduced the risk of stroke that can lead to heart attack
- Allows our body to produce good cholesterol, known as “lipoprotein”, that help prevents heart disease.
- Helps protect the blood vessels in the brain and in the heart.
- Helps in the prevention of Dementia.
That’s why, always remember to know your limits and to drink moderately.